I strive to constantly improve my skills.
In 2013 I undertook a work placement at Edelman in Washington DC (USA)
to learn from the worlds best in public relations.
Claire McLaren Public Relations provides freelance communications services.
I have over 12 years experience in marketing and communications. My background is in the private sector in public relations and marketing and communications management roles. I have worked in Tasmania's tourism sector for over 6 years. Prior to this I worked in public relations for the Tasmanian forest industry and in marketing for the education sector in Queensland and northern NSW.
I have experience within an association, a government business enterprise and in a membership based not-for-profit organisation. I also operate a small business of my own. I understand the dynamics of a range of business types and their communications needs.
I look forward to applying my skills and experience to your business.
- Bachelor of Business (2000 – 2002) Majoring in Marketing and Tourism Management (Griffith University)
- Graduate Diploma in Public Relations (Currently studying) (Deakin University)
- Public Relations Institute of Australia - Professional Member
- Australian Marketing Institute – Member
- Certificate II in small business Management (2002) (Young Achievement Australia, recognized through the Australian Qualifications Framework)
In 2013 I undertook a work placement at Edelman Washington DC (USA) to learn from the worlds best in public relations. Edelman is the worlds largest private PR firm. The Washington DC office specialises in public affairs.
I am committed to constantly improving my skills in communications, which is why I am currently studying a Graduate Diploma in Public Relations.
- Association of Australian Convention Bureaux (AACB) Staff Scholarship Winner 2013/14
(co sponsored by Business Events Australia and QANTAS)
- CITEC Tertiary Student Business person of the Year QLD (2002)
Young Achievement Australia
- Griffith Award for Academic Excellence (2002)
For studies in the Bachelor of Business (Griffith University)
- Golden Key International Honor Society membership (2001)
Granted membership in recognition of outstanding scholastic achievement and excellence.